The program committee is in full stride, providing critical workshops to improve our members and the service at large. Every workshop historically, has been filled to capacity. And we plan for this year to be no different.
2020 Line Up
1. MLK Tribute Celebration - Jan 15
2. Leadership Training for Officers & Board members (James Kent) - Jan 25
Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) Lunch & Learn (Judy
Smith) - Feb 12
4. Black History Month Celebration (Multiple presenters) - Feb 19
Women's History Month (Vision Board Creation Party)
- Mar 18**
Let's Talk About Detail Opportunities
(Erica Campbell)* - Apr 15
7. Career Learning Plan (CLP) (Wanda Casson)* - May 19
Leadership Succession Review (LSR)* - Jun 17**
9. Interviewing Skills* - Jul 15
10. Speed Mock Interviews* - Aug 19
11. Financial Strategies - Retirement Planning* - Sep 16
12. S.W.A.G. in Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness* - Oct 21
13. Self-Development - Business Ownership Skills* - Nov 18
14. ExecConnect - Dec 16
* Virtual Career Workshop via Zoom
I just wanted to let you know that you class on MPQ was one of the best classes I have ever attended since working for IRS. I have been working for the IRS for 10 seasons. You were very informative, relaxed, alert, attentive & knowledgeable for the fact that you only had a short time to get prepared for the class.
Marva H Szumowicz
Remittance Perfection Technician
TEGE / Receipt & Control
...Gwenda was a great sounding board and adviser concerning my desire to pursue the revenue officer position. Once I knew I had an interview she connected me with a longtime Supervisory Revenue Officer who helped me prepare for the interview.
I am very happy to say Gwenda's AIM-IRS mentoring heart and nature was instrumental in me receiving the RO job offer.
Additionally, I was able to attend the AIM-IRS conference in Grand Rapids where both my current director and new director were presenters, and I was able to engage both in casual conversation during the conference.
AIM-IRS is as tremendous an opportunity as you will make it be for career and professional development. I'm very thankful for the organization and its extremely encouraging leaders and members. If you're not involved with AIM-IRS, you're missing out--BIG TIME!